Monday, November 21, 2011

Ano raw? Handuraw!

Top left to right: Handuraw Special, Ube Ice Cream Cake
Bottom L-R: Handuraw Crew, The author with the chefs
My cousin knows I am a total sucker for pizzas and so, when she saw an online voucher deal on a certain website, she immediately informed me. Thanks to her, I got a voucher for Handuraw. Handuraw is a branch of a pizza parlor that originated in Cebu. They say that Handuraw means "the power to imagine". I may be a bisaya but the bisaya I know is Davao bisaya so I'm not realy familiar with other Cebuano bisaya. Handuraw also have several branches in Luzon (in Manila to be particular), and their most recent to date is the one that opened here in Davao, the only Mindanao branch, months ago.

I was so excited to go and taste their pizza that I invited my Tita and my cousin, a fellow foodie, to have a bite of their house specialty as soon as I got the voucher. I usually choose the house specialty whenever visiting a new pizza place. So when we got there, I ordered the Handuraw Special. While waiting for the food, aside from usual chika-chika, we looked around the place, took some snapshots, and read their menu. They also have happy hours for pizza, the famous buy-one-take-one for all pizzas, between 12 noon to 8pm. I personally think their prices are just the same with other pizza parlors, not much competition with the price, rather with the quality. Their only edge are (speaking before the pizza was served, before tasting their pizza) their buy-one-take-one happy hours are longer, they have artists playing at night time, and they close at midnight. Yes, midnight. So if you're craving pizza, you may drive to Quirino Street, or take a taxi ride.

After minutes of waiting, our pizza was served. All their pizzas by the way are thin and crunchy crust. Ours was really tasty that I can finish it by myself. The house specialty pizza is topped with Italian Sausage, Ham, Bacon, Pepperoni, Onion, Bell Pepper, Tomatoes, Black Olives,  Mushrooms, Mozzarella Cheese, and Spices. Thin crust pizza lovers would definitely go gaga with their house specialty. And as for pizza monsters like me, you'll definitely want more servings during your visit. Hehe! After pizza, we wanted to try their dessert. We ordered other dessert then but wasn't available so we ordered the ice cream cake. It must be a best-seller as well since at that time, there's only one ice cream cake left. Good thing we were still able to taste their ice cream cake. It's like having a dessert minus the guilt kasi hindi gaanong matamis. (Dili bidli, in our term.)

Now pizza addicts have a lot of choices. If you're curious about Handuraw, don't deprive yourself and find out all about Handuraw. Visit them at Quirino Street, beside Jip's Catering. If you opt to call before going there, they'd be glad to take your reservations. You may reach them at 0922-8942978 or at 3054848.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...